What's the rarest breed or variety you have?

Pics
I have an Andalusian hen (Daisy, my favorite girl pictured in my profile). Probably not that rare, but I really just don't run across many people owning or talking about Andalusians. Oddly enough I got her at a feed store and have not seen them in feed stores since.
we have 4 andalusian hens and we love them as fabulous layers! they are not overly friendly unfortunately but I think it was their raising because we got them at point of lay. they are fun to watch though - very active and they have a lot to say.

Oh, yeah, I did know about White Legbars, too, oops! I did not know there were Blues out there, though! 😍

Any pictures of your birds? I've only ever had two Creams, both actually that sort of borderline color between Cream and Crele, but I find the breed to be really beautiful regardless of color! :love

I was all set to order Frost White Legbars and the hatchery discontinued them. :(
I hate that they called them "Frost" white. 🤣 What does "Frost" even mean?! They're just recessive white birds. I love them because they're still autosexing, but none of the color and pattern drama that I get with the gold and cream and none of the feather issues that I get with lavender. I can focus fully on production qualities and type. I'll try to find some photos later.

Welp. I was going to order 15 Blue Australorps and 10 Frost White Legbars last year and they discontinued them. :(

I hate that they called them "Frost" white. 🤣 What does "Frost" even mean?! They're just recessive white birds. I love them because they're still autosexing, but none of the color and pattern drama that I get with the gold and cream and none of the feather issues that I get with lavender. I can focus fully on production qualities and type. I'll try to find some photos later.

I presume the "frost" part was intended as a marketing term to convey the purity and beauty of a clean white?

I would LOVE to see photos. I still hold out some hope of getting them someday.

Back
Top Bottom