What's the rule on pantyhose?

Panty hose? What on earth are those? The last time I saw anyone wearing those I was in first grade and girls wore the pastel colored ones with dresses for picture day.
Fishnets, on the other hand, look great with anything on any day.

pop.gif

Okay, when they come out with a special version of pantyhose that work for women who are over 60 and that weigh over...well, over whatever you are thinking, and have arthritis and can't bend or twist around like we used to do, and are apple shaped so that everything that's tight on top rolls down like your underwear used to do when you were pregnant and have legs that aren't like skinny sticks and have rear ends that you can serve dinner on, then I might consider wearing pantyhose again. In the meantime, it's trousers with nice socks, or longer skirts with thigh high stockings. (and even those are a pain in the you know what!)
T

This is a hard question........But I will put my 2 cents in,lol. I wear both.....I actually LIKE to wear pantyhose, They just make me feel pretty. I also wear tights but mostly UNDER things. If I had to choose with a black dress I would wear pantyhose, the silky kind.
cool.png

And for the record I am 20, but I am probably not up on fashion as some young people, just thought I would give my opinion.
big_smile.png
tongue.png

in Pennsylvania in December I wear pantyhose. I would rather wear a dress because I cant ever find dress pants I like. I grew up wearing hose and tights, my legs feel nekkid without them.

If it's a "sundress" and summertime, I don't wear pantyhose. Other than that, I feel more dressed up if I have on pantyhose, plus I like the added bonus of the "control top"!!

Well gosh darn, this is so helpful. I just signed on to BYC this morning hoping for some words of wisdom about leg coverage, and get barraged with information! Thank you all so much.

So the upshot is that if you are forced to wear a dress, are very fair-skinned and freckled, and don't mind being squeezed to death and having the circulation cut off in one or both legs, you should wear pantyhose to make your outfit look more "finished" and sleek.

Purplechicken, I will work on getting photos for you.

By the way, nobody mentioned hose with the seams up the back. Don't bother, if you can manage to get them perfectly vertical and centered, they stay that way for approximately five paces.

I have a pair of pantyhose with the seam in the back, I
love.gif
them. But then again I am a little weird like that,lol. I just find it really cool that in the 1940's if a women could keep her seams straight then she was VERY graceful and classy........but I just LOVE vintage
yippiechickie.gif

Back
Top Bottom