What's the rule on pantyhose?

they stay that way for approximately five paces.

That's probably 4 more paces than PC and I would think they'd be needed for!
bun.gif

Panyhose are evil, worse than silkies.

If you feel you must cover your legs, and in as MA winter I'm sure you do, use thigh high stockings or tights....you'll be much more comfortable. I can't remember the last time I wore pantyhose, but it was probably to a funeral. I live in Texas, virtually all my pretty shoes are opened toed, and I hate pantyhose...so I don't wear them. But they are more formal, and more dressy than bare legs.

I still have to go back and read all the responses on this, but after reading the op, I vote cotton tights or yay! Silk ones if they can be found! If you work in an office or some where along those lines, leg coverings are required. When I was growing up, girls were required to wear dresses. And I do remember the mini skirts in the middle of winter!! Then they started letting us wear pants on Fridays and eventually you could wear pants all the time by the time I was in high school. My first day of my freshman year, I got to wear pants to school, hardly any one did. Oh! and then the big bells came out, and I would wear big bells with toe sandals and toe socks!! Ya hoo!!

And then, the big bells were big enough to hide my feet under, so I went to school barefoot!!

Last edited:
I had a DVT years ago and I was encouraged to wear pantyhose that were thick to "massage" my legs as I worked. I don't mind pantyhose. I don't wear them too much any more. I would if I didn't keep getting classes fifteen minutes apart on the opposite sides of a two mile wide campus with inadequate parking....

I love the holiday dress ups. I have the most adorable little black dress that I never get to wear.... DH loves thigh highs but my experience with them has been that they work for the five paces across my room and that's as far as they stay up! But, I think that might be WHY Dh likes them..
wink.png

But I am also a "seasoned" woman whose husband still likes to by me stuff meant for 16 year olds!
roll.png

BTW I have a friend who is Rubenesque and she likes to wear clothes that she refers to as Jumbo Bimbo!
lol.png
lol.png
lol.png

I have WHAT in my yard? :

But I am also a "seasoned" woman whose husband still likes to by me stuff meant for 16 year olds!

My DH prefers me to wear things more typically seen on members of monastic communities.​

I put on shorts to play vollyball and hubby was like your legs are white,i was like so....
i will not wear pantyhose,and whats wrong with white legs anyway?

Buff Hooligans wrote:
My DH prefers me to wear things more typically seen on members of monastic communities.

I have no clue what that means.
hmm.png

OK, I know this is a women's thread, but I couldn't help looking based on the thread title.
roll.png

.​

Back
Top Bottom