What's the stupidest car damage you've ever done to your own car?

Quote:
OH MAN!!! My husband lost an ink pen in the vent when he put in on the dash of his Ford pickup. After then, his switch got jammed and was stuck blowing air at the floor. We had to tear the whole dash out to fix the problem.

Quote:
OH MAN!!! My husband lost an ink pen in the vent when he put in on the dash of his Ford pickup. After then, his switch got jammed and was stuck blowing air at the floor. We had to tear the whole dash out to fix the problem.

Those quarters are still there.
roll.png

I stopped in the feedstore after I got off work (graveyard shift) and I'd probably been awake for 30+ hours.....I parked BESIDE one of those cart corral things.....and when I pulled out I practically ran over it! Big dent in the passenger side of my truck in the extended cab area - the cart corral was yellow too so lots of paint transfer! I HAVE NO IDEA HOW IT HAPPENED!!!!!!!!!
I managed to scrub all the bright yellow paint off of my red truck, but there's still a pretty good sized dent.
hide.gif
I stuck with TSC for about a year after that, I was embarressed to go back!!!!!! lol

Backed into a tree in the rain in the dark (never saw it) with my tailgate down and ruined it - also bent one of the "hinge" things that it hooks on to so I haven't even bothered to pick up a replacement tailgate.

Dented my fender on one of those drive in things at Sonic. That was back in highschool though, long time ago.

I've actually never wrecked my truck into anything other than STATIONARY objects. Traffic I can usually deal with, but those stationary items get me. I have issues.
lau.gif

I was backing out of my driveway and there is a telephone pole diagonally behind the driveway. I could see the pole so I thought I was ok, backed up and caught the wire that holds the pole up. Worst part is it hooked my bumper and the metal piece dented the car, had to come and get dh to unhook me
roll.png
I could have gotten away with hitting the wire, getting stuck was horrible cuz I needed help and dh laughed at me
smack.gif

I thought I had plenty of room to go by DH and the boat he was towing. Wrong! Substantial long dent in the side of the SUV now.
hide.gif

My neighbor totalled his parent's red Mustang in the alley going 5 mph...he said he was "thinking about his girlfriend"
roll.png

When they were building the over pass to cross to the other side of town
there was only one lane to go and one to come back and the one to go
was always packed at around 6 pm when everyone gets out of work.
I decided to go UNDER the bridge where there was a dirt road and where they stored
all the machinery and big orange road block thingies that look like garbage cans
when they were'nt working on the over pass .
Well anyway it had rained the day before so as I was going in my dads suburban I get stuck in the mud
sad.png

So there I am with the back tires spinning in the mud and when I finally get out
the truck swerves to the side and hits a big concrete pole thing that is holding up the overpass
he.gif

I was freaking out so I didnt even check the damage and sped off and ran over one of the
orange road block thingies and was dragging it under my truck for 5 blocks !! I was surprised I didnt
get pulled over by the cops for having that under my car so now there a huge dent in the
rear passenger door

This is what I was dragging down the street http://thumb1.shutterstock.com.edge...ay_pic_with_logo/97017/97017,1185119380,2.jpg

The stupidest thing I've done to my car was not getting a new radiator when I knew it was leaking. I just kept putting stop-leak in it. What I didn't know was that the stop leak will eventually ruin the head gaskets, which of course happened. So the ruined head gasket (also not fixed) ended up doing something to the valves? I think? I don't know for sure, all I know is that a $150 part (radiator) with about $100 labor at most would have been much better than the $1300+ I ended up spending on getting the engine rebuilt
hmm.png

Back
Top Bottom