What's Up with Martha's Feathers?

Hopefully she'll start into molt soon and been ready for winter with all new feathers.
My Muscovy's are just going into molt now, best hurry though we're going to be in the 20's in a few days. lol

Hopefully she'll start into molt soon and been ready for winter with all new feathers.
My Muscovy's are just going into molt now, best hurry though we're going to be in the 20's in a few days. lol
Thanks. We were in the 20s last night, and we have a whole lot more of that on the way it looks like. So will they all molt, and how do we know? Sorry for the silly questions. :)

I can tell if one of mine are molting by the abundance of feathers on the ground. When I pick them up sometimes I feel little prickly things that are their feathers growing back in.

I can tell if one of mine are molting by the abundance of feathers on the ground. When I pick them up sometimes I feel little prickly things that are their feathers growing back in.

My wife is a scientific illustrator, and she's teaching classes on birds right now. She's been thrilled with all the really beautiful feathers she's been finding. So, yep, I guess they have been molting. Nobody else has looked like Martha though. Such a fun journey with these guys! Thanks again.

Back
Top Bottom