What's worse? Human teens or teen roosters???

...once they (roos) form a gang then that is the point of "no return " (just like teens) and drastic action must be taken!!!
I let Mhing sit on way tooo many eggs her first hatch (she hatched out 18) and 9 of them were roos... now they didn't hassle the hens per se (they were seven months when I took action and rehomed them) but as a gang they terrorized and bullied their way around the yard something horrid...
...they were feathered thugs and all they missed were the motorcycle jackets to go along with the 'tude ....
... went outside one day as I saw they were pickin on my banty roo and the head hauncho saunters up to me (his buds had encircled my poor banty) and he attempted to keep me mindin my own business and cocks his head and starts growlin at me... pffffftttt put an ad in that day to find them homes

How ironic.... I was just sitting here wondering if it would be kosher to start a thread on how much I love/hate having a teen. It's extrarodinarily hard to vent on here when she is an active member on here so no details. But jeesh, pass me the anti anxiety meds please. She just left for camping for two weeks and I am so glad she is gone and we finally have peace around here, but I miss her so much. Holy cow, maybe I need bipolar meds too.
lau.gif

But I did just take 3 mean roos to the feed store.... Oh if only it were so easy with teens.... just stick em in a box and drop em off at the store to rehome them!!

...I would pay serious money for someone to take my teens off my hands for the summer...sigh....I have no money though
he.gif

* I vote human teens, no question. We're talking what can be 1O VERY LONG YEARS as opposed to maybe a couple in a chicken. Plus, you can always lop and roast a chicken if they get too bad, and get some satisfaction, if need be. . . No such luck with the other.
hmm.png

d.k :

* I vote human teens, no question. We're talking what can be 1O VERY LONG YEARS as opposed to maybe a couple in a chicken. Plus, you can always lop and roast a chicken if they get too bad, and get some satisfaction, if need be. . . No such luck with the other.
hmm.png

...true...however I now understand why in the animal world some eat their young...
gig.gif

Know what? I don't want to hear any grumbling and/or complaining from anyone on here about teenagers. I've read enough. Twenty-five years ago when I was raising mine, I tried to get a bill started in/through Congress requiring that ALL children turning thirteen report to a transport area to be shipped off to an island where perfect parents of the Brady caliber would be there ready to fulfill their every wish until they turned 20 and could be returned home ON PROBATION.
Did any of you support ME?
No!
So are you going to get sympathy from me?
GO FIGURE!

Last edited:
Quote:
I know! And just yesterday I told my roo "If you don't straighten up and fly right young man, I'm gonna send you off to rooster-red's School for Gentlemen Roosters!" He paid me no mind. :|
And I still say roosters are worse. When my own daughter turned 18 and it looked like only one of us was going to survive, I shipped her off to the Army. Problem solved.
smile.png

DH has begged me to please PUH-leeze let him sell a couple of Naked Necks we have lounging around the house 9ans I don't mean chickens).
gig.gif

He offered to let me have goats if I'd give up my cats.
He hasn't made that offer on the female teen & pre-teen. Guess he's afraid I'd trade kids for KIDS!!!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom