What's wrong with my Silkie?

MrCool101

In the Brooder
7 Years
Mar 18, 2012
My silkie hen, Mollie has developed these strange swolen boil type things on the side of her face.

Could anyone tell me what they are, and what I can do about them?

Here is the other side of her head, to be used as a comparison.

I think the has gotten stung or bit by some insect. They should go down eventually. If she allows you, you might wants to put a little T tree cream on them. If they are not bothering her then just leave them to go away on their own.

Well, I've had a closer look at her today, and I found even more of them in other places, and some look really sore.

Not to mention the ones on her face have seemingly gotten bigger.

They don't seem to be bothering her, but she doesn't like it if I try and touch them.

Perhaps give her a little Benadryl , and see if that helps. I don't know what could be going on.... Do you have fire ants where you are? Have you checked her for biting mites and lice? I'd give her a warm bath in Dawn soap and give a good look over...... Poor girl.

Thank you for the advice.

I gave her a (much needed) warm bath like you said, but aside from a few more bumps, I didn't notice anything else. She's had lice before, but I'm pretty sure they're all gone now, and as for fire ants, I live in the UK and I'm fairly sure we don't have them over here.

I guess I could try giving her some Benadryl, although I'm not too sure on how much I should give her...

Back
Top Bottom