What's wrong with their feathers?

Quote:
By all means, contact Julie, Jubaby to see how long her list is. Since the the gene pool is very concentrated, they aren't the most vigorous, and are very hard to hatch. It seems that everyone who has them thus far is planning to out-cross them to Blue Black Splash Ameraucanas to get some genetic diversity, which should help add some vigor. By this fall, it seems several people should have eggs that will produce birds split for this gene, which can either be bred together, or back to one of the parents to make more strange feathered birds.

Julie is very kind. Just send her a message, and I'm sure she'll be able to tell you if and when she might have eggs.

Thanks PhilPhlock, I got in contact with Julie. You are right, she is very kind. So I am IN!

I just discovered this thread and already contacted Julie to add myself to the list. Down the road should anyone else have these lines I would love to buy eggs.
wink.png

I wound up with three of the half silkie/half ameraucana cross chicks born. One was born on June 15th, and two more born on June 22nd. The first one (blue) is getting it's wing feathers and they appear silkied.

IMG_1165-1.jpg

One of the other two is a strange reddish color, but cute. All three of them have five toes, feathered feet, and black skin. Here is some pictures of all three:

IMG_1169.jpg

IMG_1166.jpg

Still waiting to see what the crosses of the Black Ams and Splash Silkie Ams look like.... then those blues can be bred back to the Splash Silkie Ams.....

I know I need to have patience.

Back
Top Bottom