What's your coop/free range area? Post pictures!

no problem im only just getting round to starting it yesterday
wink.png

how high can chicken fly/hop/jump up to a coop and how can i get my chickens that hv just been introduced to the flock to roost and lay in a seperate coop put in or will they figure out htemselves

how high can chicken fly/hop/jump up to a coop and how can i get my chickens that hv just been introduced to the flock to roost and lay in a seperate coop put in or will they figure out htemselves
The smaller (younger) the chicken, the higher they can get, but if you're trying to get them to hop into a coop I suggest putting up a simple plank and placing food on it to encourage them upward. To teach them where to go at night I think you need to shut them in for a day or two first, then let them out in a small enclosure where you can corral them back in at night. Soon they'll go in at night without your encouragement.

The smaller (younger) the chicken, the higher they can get, but if you're trying to get them to hop into a coop I suggest putting up a simple plank and placing food on it to encourage them upward. To teach them where to go at night I think you need to shut them in for a day or two first, then let them out in a small enclosure where you can corral them back in at night. Soon they'll go in at night without your encouragement.
ill try that thanks biologrady
goodpost.gif

Here's my set up. They pretty much have free range over my whole yard (1 1/2 acre and my back door neighbors 1/2 acre) all the time. Gertie's gone broody and you can see her sitting in the nestbox at the back of the roost. BTW! Finally got my forts Mille fleur d'uccle egg today. Now just waiting on the Wellies.
[/IMG][/IMG]

Here's my set up. They pretty much have free range over my whole yard (1 1/2 acre and my back door neighbors 1/2 acre) all the time. Gertie's gone broody and you can see her sitting in the nestbox at the back of the roost. BTW! Finally got my forts Mille fleur d'uccle egg today. Now just waiting on the Wellies.
[/URL]
thats really creative mine isnt so glam
thumbsup.gif

Back
Top Bottom