What's your favorite/friendliest breed

View attachment 3497731

Creme Legbar is my favorite for "sweet" chicken. I have other favorites for curious, funny, follow me around like a puppy, etc. But you just can't go wrong with Creme Legbar as they are just never mean. They can be a little on the shy side but not super shy like Barnevelders and even though you don't do eggs, your friends will be more than happy to get a carton of gorgeous blue CCL eggs. :love Also they are so pretty. This is USA Top Model DNice.
View attachment 3497732
Love your entire flock (birds, dogs, humans, etc)! What kind(s) of giant breed dogs do you have? We have 2 Great Danes, one of which (Otis) is a great mommy to the chicks we've been raising. He makes sure they stay safe and alerts me if there is an issue šŸ˜‚

Love your entire flock (birds, dogs, humans, etc)! What kind(s) of giant breed dogs do you have? We have 2 Great Danes, one of which (Otis) is a great mommy to the chicks we've been raising. He makes sure they stay safe and alerts me if there is an issue šŸ˜‚
I love great danes! I love all dogs but it's the gentle giants that I gravitate towards. I have Leonbergers. I've had many Newfoundlands as well but it's Leonbergers for me for forever :love And they are good with chickens in terms of all they want to do is please you so you can train them to "be nice to chickens," but they are not GSD as they can't be left outside without people. They live for people.

We have 2 Dominique, 2 Wyandotte, a Buff Orpington and a little bantam Serama. By far the sweetest ones are the Wyandottes, just so nice and calm and gentle. Our Dominiques are mean as all getout, particularly one of them that pecks everyone and everything super hard. Our Buff Orpington is pretty standoffish, and our Serama is sociable with us and will snuggle and sit on our laps, but in other respect is a little weirdo who is always off in some corner doing her own thing.

Yes of course lol a million pics! She may actually have some form of dwarfism. She has the shortest legs ever and do not seem to be growing at all lol. She's 8 weeks. Her name is buckbeak. Shes also super jealous and inserts herself if she sees me holding anyone else and she expects long snuggles every night before bed. View attachment 3498754View attachment 3498751View attachment 3498752View attachment 3498753
Ohhh, she's adorable! And the Santa hat chick pic just melted me, too cute!

our Serama is sociable with us and will snuggle and sit on our laps, but in other respect is a little weirdo who is always off in some corner doing her own thing.
She's not weird, she's just lonely. She's the only one of her kind and stands out quite a bit from the rest, being so much smaller, so she self segregates (and they probably exclude her for being different, too, even if they don't outright bully her). Birds of a feather, especially true for chickens - they like others who look like them. Get her some serama/bantam friends and you'll see that she'll hang out with them and not by herself.

You should love a chicken for a chicken not for the eggs, not for the friendliness, not for the breed. But truly care for the chicken and not what it can do for you . And you will have a BFF chicken šŸ¤Ŗ

Back
Top Bottom