Whats your favorite incubator?

Ilovemychicks08

For nothing will be impossible with God-Luke 1:37
Premium Feather Member
Apr 2, 2021
Wisconsin
As im looking for a new incubator im wondering what your favorite one is?
I was gonna fo with the Nuture right 360 but there is a lot of mixed reviews on people saying the quality had went down in the last few years.

Hi! I breed and sell Silkies and my favorite incubator is the farmers innovators 4250. It can hold up to 40 eggs, has the egg turner in place and there's very little to do on my part. I have found one of the best methods to hatching, through trial and error, is to keep the temperature at 99.5 degrees and 40-45% humidity the entire way through. I know almost everywhere you look will say to raise the humidity on the last few days but believe me, I've tried and it doesn't work. It only kills the chick. However, you may just need to see what method works best for you because depending on where you live, temperature and humidity where you are may affect things differently where I am. Hopefully this helps! 😊

As im looking for a new incubator im wondering what your favorite one is?
I was gonna fo with the Nuture right 360 but there is a lot of mixed reviews on people saying the quality had went down in the last few years.
Brinsea has compact, user-friendly models with mostly intelligent design choices. However, they are priced to match. Personally, I recommend to anyone with a few tools lying around that building one is better, cheaper, and more fun. The electronics are simple and can be copied from YouTube videos if, like me, you aren't blessed on the left side of your brain.

Incuview Incubator 360 with automatic turner.
20220517_200830.jpg
Ignore the 102.2°F reading, that was when I was having temperature spikes that I got under control.

Hi! I breed and sell Silkies and my favorite incubator is the farmers innovators 4250. It can hold up to 40 eggs, has the egg turner in place and there's very little to do on my part. I have found one of the best methods to hatching, through trial and error, is to keep the temperature at 99.5 degrees and 40-45% humidity the entire way through. I know almost everywhere you look will say to raise the humidity on the last few days but believe me, I've tried and it doesn't work. It only kills the chick. However, you may just need to see what method works best for you because depending on where you live, temperature and humidity where you are may affect things differently where I am. Hopefully this helps! 😊
I will definitely look into that incubator!
With the incubator i have the temp stays at exactly 100 to 100.5 all day never dropping unless i open to candle. But the humidity is horrible im always adding water.
Ive found keeping the humidity at 50 percent then raising to 60 helped my last hatch.

Brinsea has compact, user-friendly models with mostly intelligent design choices. However, they are priced to match. Personally, I recommend to anyone with a few tools lying around that building one is better, cheaper, and more fun. The electronics are simple and can be copied from YouTube videos if, like me, you aren't blessed on the left side of your brain.
Ive looked at the brinsea and i like a few of the models.
I could build my own but ive seen many videos on how to build them and i see many that dont get good hatch rates.

I will definitely look into that incubator!
With the incubator i have the temp stays at exactly 100 to 100.5 all day never dropping unless i open to candle. But the humidity is horrible im always adding water.
Ive found keeping the humidity at 50 percent then raising to 60 helped my last hatch.
As long as you find a method that works is all that matters. I believe you can find that incubator on Amazon or even Tractor Supply.

Ive looked at the brinsea and i like a few of the models.
I could build my own but ive seen many videos on how to build them and i see many that dont get good hatch rates.
Don't copy those videos then. :D
Personally I have hatch rates in the high 90s when I use my own eggs. Shipped eggs are of course a different story.

Don't copy those videos then. :D
Personally I have hatch rates in the high 90s when I use my own eggs. Shipped eggs are of course a different story.
My last hatch was 6 out of 7. This hatch all were developing i candled 2 last night as im impatient and our power had went out a few days ago for over a hour. And one was developing one had started but doesnt seem to be developing any more.

Back
Top Bottom