What's your least favorite breed?

All red and black production type chickens. They remind me of a failed and regretful meat project. Also we have had a string of mean picky red hens. We had to pine tar the rears of most of our birds because of those picky red hens. Annoying and stinky!!

Mrs. Cannon :

Crevecours(sp) and polish. Any I've ever had have been completly insane in the membrane ( insane in the brain). Sorry I couldn't help myself!
big_smile.png

I've had about eight "insane in da membrane" Polish, mostly cockerels, and two lovely hens I tried to win & woo for a long time, but my three sweet bantam Polish from Boggy Bottom Bantams are the nicest hens I have, honestly. They come, sit in my lap, and doze while I pet their chests. I think the skinny tall ones are really flighty.

My least favorite birds have been the (all)Polish cockerels and some cochin cockerels I've had. Really aggressive & mean early on.​

I'm really not impressed with my RIR pullet right now. She started out as a sweet little thing who loved to get picked up and would follow me everywhere, and then one day she turned into a sneaky malicious feather picker. And she only picks the feathers of my 2 EE pullets, not the frizzle or the Light Brahma. My poor EE's are scared to leave the coop now. Why can't everyone just get along?

Quote:
Well the Cornish X are that way entirely because of the self-centered humans who bred them for human use, and created their health problems without any regard for the birds' well being. Humans turned birds into freaks who are destined to lives of suffering and discomfort. I'd say the gross creatures are the humans in this case, not the Cornish X.

Ignorant.

Back
Top Bottom