What's your Southern Sign?

Quote:
Red, you're such a polite thief! I already posted it on myspace and Dave's Garden. Thanks Blisschick!

Isn't he, though!
wink.png

Good thing you posted it on Dave's...my subscription ran out last week.
sad.png

What's this? So few Butterbeans? I, too, am a butter bean....so....beany....so...gaseous... Royicus should make us a chart to see what Southern Sign is most likely to own chickens...

Butterbeans Unite!!
D.gif

Okra?? Okay so I have no idea what Okra is, all I know it's some sort of mushy looking vegetable. I've only seen it in cans here in the north.

I'm a Collard....but I gotta tell you it doesn't seem right....

It says

As far as your personal life goes, if you are Collards, stay away from Crawfish. It just won't work. Save yourself a lot of heartache.

Hmmm, DW is a Crawfish. We have been happily married for 25 years!​

Weird. Looks like a sort of pepper. So what does it taste like? How do you eat it...if at all.

No, it's not a pepper. It's actually related to hibiscus and cotton.

You can eat it cut into pieces, breaded and fried, stewed with tomatoes and bacon, in gumbo, pickled whole, or boiled whole. (I'm sure there are other ways to eat it.) A lot of people get introduced to it boiled, and therefore hate it, because it puts off a slime that looks a lot like snot. Some people don't like the slightly furry texture, or the little round, white seeds. It has it's own unique taste, but it's not unpleasant. It's actually very mild. I like it just about any way you cook it, but I'm very partial to it pickled. It has a great vinegary taste.​

Angie, I recommend eating it fried! I grew up on okra, but I've never had it pickled. I will have to try that.

P.S. Fried yellow squash is good too.

Back
Top Bottom