Wheaten and Blue wheaten Marans Discussion Thread

Hi Folks ,

I have a really pretty Wheaten hen and I have about three eggs in the incubator. Are these chicks Color divided that is to ask will all the blues be Roosters and will all the hens be Wheaten. Both are Birch en so will this be an added factor or will the Birch en ppattern be eliminated in this cross?

Wow! This thread has gone quiet.

Greetings from England, as far as I know we don't have an official standard so we go off the French standard.

I have one wheaten hen who is 30 weeks and hasn't begun to lay yet, possibly due to the time of year but idk. Any feedback on her would be appreciated. The only photo I have of her that shows her type is quite fuzzy and dark so I will have to get a better one; it shows her darker than she really is but she is still fairly dark for a wheaten. Her comb has a couple too many points, her type seems good and I really like her tail and width.
It was quite wet that day so take it into consideration, we currently have an amber rated storm on our hands.

(Ignore the Frizzled polish photobomber)

Last edited:
Wow! This thread has gone quiet.

Greetings from England, as far as I know we don't have an official standard so we go off the French standard.

I have one wheaten hen who is 30 weeks and hasn't begun to lay yet, possibly due to the time of year but idk. Any feedback on her would be appreciated. The only photo I have of her that shows her type is quite fuzzy and dark so I will have to get a better one; it shows her darker than she really is but she is still fairly dark for a wheaten. Her comb has a couple too many points, her type seems good and I really like her tail and width.
It was quite wet that day so take it into consideration, we currently have an amber rated storm on our hands.

(Ignore the Frizzled polish photobomber)

I agree. Any I have seen all have feathered legs, which is of course the French standard, whereas other colours you can find both feathered and un feathered leg varieties. I love your girl, she's fab! I don't know anything about breed standards, but know a cute chook when I see one, just love the photobombing frizzle polish - awesome! And greetings from Dvon, great to see fellow Britons on BYC!

That a nice type wheaten pullet you got there. a little darker on the chest or maybe just a picture.I do have similar wheaten darker type. how is a maran doing in England.here a few photos of my wheaten.
cheers

Hi there.
look to me is a pullet darker type,but its hard to see the comb. could be a black tell buff cockerel or a red one.
cane you take a photos of her head/comb so we can see a close up shot.

Back
Top Bottom