Wheaten and Blue wheaten Marans Discussion Thread

Quote:
Roo was kind of my gut feeling too but I'm going to continue to hope hen
smile.png
it just looks sooo similar to the roo on the club site

Sorry.. crapola came back to edit this.. dag nap it .. I am having a tuff day.. this needs to go in the amerecana thread.. not marans.. sorry my bad...... but if you have amerecaunas.. breed em.. please all the advice would be appreciated..
hugs..

I think I put my post in the wrong section.. I meant to put it here in the amerecauna section.. can you all please help me.. cant figure out.. what is blue/wheatens.. roos/ from girls.. do the girls.. get blue too??????????????????? or does it mean if their not cream in color.. their boys???2 months old
I know for sure.. I have wheatens.. and then I have blueish ones.. which must be the blue wheatens..
https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=506079

Last edited:
Quote:
yuckyuck.gif
lau.gif

Yup! 50/50 it is! I sure would take Randy's opinion over mine, I don't have any Wheatens! Just looked roo-ish to me at first glance. Hope for your sake it's not!
lol.png

Well, here are some updated pictures little one is nearly 3 weeks old now

81805_frontmaran3weeks.jpg

81805_maranback3weeks.jpg

81805_maranside3weeks.jpg

81805_maranprofile3weeks.jpg

I'm going with my guess of ROO..
smile.png

and yes that's MY chipped green nail polish.. don't judge
tongue.png

Last edited:
clap.gif
wow I got one right!
gig.gif
Sometimes it's just a matter of looking for the "roo tude" and posture. I've done the comb, feather, and leg thing and have still come up wrong. Like I said, I don't have Wheatens (yet) but the roo tude is pretty easy to spot in SOME of them.
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom