Wheaten and Blue wheaten Marans Discussion Thread

Just showing off and updating.

Out of only a couple W/BW eggs I hatched, I got just what I wanted. . . A Blue Wheaten pullet. She's growing and feathering fast!

6241342560_23a93669ee_z.jpg

Here's an enormous cockerel who's as usual feathering in very, very slowly.

6241343896_f0ab4d3f4b_z.jpg

My Blue Wheaten father/cock is FINALLY almost done molting. I can't wait to see him in his once former glory again.

Here is my cutie hatched this past Thursday from eggs from Randy. He/she is an energetic one. I tell you, I think he has the loudest chirp I have ever heard. He can chirp over the tv and my 2-year old! Quite a feat!
smile.png
So what do you think? I see some black coming in on the wings. Male? Too early to tell??

88080_dscf3002.jpg

88080_dscf3004.jpg

88080_dscf3005.jpg

Quote:
nice chick sorry hat h rate was so poor but lile i said once they start laying again il send more the chick is to ypung for me to sex and most wing feathers iv noticed start put ki.da black. my maim worry is always yellow legs
it takes about two or 3 weeks to know leg color is pinkish white like they should be so dont worry abouy yellow legs till 3 weeks from what Vc tells me chicks eating the egh yoak makes legs yellow

Quote:
nice chick sorry hat h rate was so poor but lile i said once they start laying again il send more the chick is to ypung for me to sex and most wing feathers iv noticed start put ki.da black. my maim worry is always yellow legs
it takes about two or 3 weeks to know leg color is pinkish white like they should be so dont worry abouy yellow legs till 3 weeks from what Vc tells me chicks eating the egh yoak makes legs yellow

Well, the picture may not show well, or I may not know what I am talking about ... but his legs really don't look all that yellow ... they are a shade that I don't know how to describe other than they do have a pink tint with light yellow undertones .... that probably doesn't make sense but it would if you could see them ... anyhow ... I'll post updated pics as he gets older so we'll know for sure soon! Thanks again for the beautiful eggs and all of the help!

Back
Top Bottom