Wheaten and Blue wheaten Marans Discussion Thread

lets hope leg color works out most of al i have never hat much trouble with feather cplor or any trouble with combs like carnation or sprigs .only amount of points . just as soon aa worming the flock il send some test eggs with my singer rooster my sister named

Last edited:
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif

Wheaten Marans eggs are in the mail heading my way!!
celebrate.gif

I only have 2 Wheatens,

9-10 week old pullet (I hope)
88563_dscf6745.jpg

SHe has gotten darker than I think she should be, or is this just a juvenile phase?

Another pic of her with my Lav orp/Ameraucana mix
88563_dscf6743.jpg

Here she is as a 4 week old

88563_dscf1797.jpg

1 16 week old Cockerel

88563_dscf6749.jpg

88563_dscf6750.jpg

Should I be concerned about her? WHat do you think of the young cockerel?

something totaly wrong with 9 to 10 week old bird in first picture . the one chick (pullet) looks fine abd age correct and last rooster looks ok but if its related to 9 to 10 week old theres something completly wrong with the line. i dont mean to sound blunt or careless

Quote:

The cockerel came from another line/breeder. The pullet although came from a breeder who sells eggs on here. The picture of her at 4 weeks old looked fine at that age, however she has colored in all wrong to me anyway. I appreciate your input, the egg she hatched out of was very dark, looks like she will go into my mixed layer pen. Not having much luck with getting a decent bunch of Wheatens.... think I may have to go visit a local breeder and make sure I am getting good lines.

there are some real experts on site but not me . i have hatched a few hundred wheaywn marans. but only from my closed flock. iv only had wheatens for five years so im self taught. and could b taught wrong .lol. i only compare outhers birds to mine and the many many pictures

Quote:

I agree with Randy, the 4 wk old pic looks totally normal, but the pullet pic looks like there is a mix going on somwhere as she is not coloring in properly. If she were mine I'd put her in the egg layin coop/for sale eggs.

Back
Top Bottom