Wheaten and Blue wheaten Marans Discussion Thread

Just got 3 nice Pullets and 3 hens from a very nice lady out here in Washington.. (if you read this, thanks again), they are Bev Davis and very nice. My question is my young Roo (pic is him at 24 weeks or so), does he exhibit good enough qualities to breed or should I continue my search for a better roo?

88563_dscf6749.jpg

88563_dscf6750.jpg

Last edited:
HI All

New to the thread and new to Wheaten Marans. Loving them!! I've wanted some forever. I had cuckoo's a few years ago and liked them also but they can't compare in looks to the Wheatens, imo. Here's a pic of my new pair I picked up at the Oh Nat last weekend.

5840_pair.jpg

Cindy

Quote:
They make a beautiful pair, do they have clean shanks?

Who did you buy them from? How is the hen's egg color?
Sorry about the 20 questions... they're just really nice birds and I want to know more!
caf.gif

100% corect. i am only goimg by my experance of breeding to dark of hens and if i breed hens that are to dark or to much unwanted
mohogany ypu gey btb or some off color lile the hen on tje left
20346_mvc00254.jpg

but the hen cpuld have a use that i dont know about. om only gping by what ive seen my very small flock of 14 hens and 6 roo have produced 2or3 of the mohogany hens but ihave seen the off spring ( hens produced) and what happens.they come out looking like black tailed buff and poor ones .

Quote:

Back
Top Bottom