Wheaten Crele Orpington Project, Reboot

Pics
Back view, & breast feathers for comparison. Project Giant Silkie F2 Back cross chick, & Project Wheaten Crele Orpington chick.
20210616_093339.jpg
20210616_093428.jpg
Orpington.
20210615_142240.jpg
20210615_142309.jpg

Both are of Toasted Marshmallow coloration, & no patterning of any type in the breast feathers.

Now I'm more convinced he's Buff partridge plus 1 copy of Columbian. Gonna test breed to my Partridge Red JungleFowl hybrid hen next year.
What do you think?

What do you expect from the results?
I should expect more consistency of what I'm seeing, or more partridge patterning with the breeding. Also pure partridge maybe a result of the crossing too, which would probably be the best bet.

Primarily, I just want to confirm what I'm seeing, if that makes sense.
I'm tired today, couldn't fall asleep last night for some reason. Hard to explain when I'm tired.

Shoot, forgot to get update pictures of the peeps yesterday. I can do that today if I have time. They turn 7 weeks next Wednesday.

I have alittle dispute going on(Not An Argument), and would like your opinion on certain colors.

I say Mahogany, & Chestnut are the same since both are a dark rich red that's almost black. I point to the Gene Mahogany/Red for chickens.

Other person says mahogany, & chestnut are different, & points at what's said in the book of SOP describing chestnut as lighter then mahogany.

(Will check my Book of SOP Shortly)

I like to stay true to color, according to where the color got it's name from.

Luckily I have an Actual chestnut. 20210617_112022.jpg I believe the lighter variant should be described as Hazelnut, which would be alot more accurate.
Screenshot_20210617-110223_Chrome.jpg
Hazelnuts vary in shade, just like the lighter variants of Mahogany.

My book of SOP says New Hampshires are supposed to be a Dark Chestnut Red, but the picture shows a Darkish Buff for both neck, & body.

RIRs are Supposed to be a Dark Lustrous Red.

The other person says the disqualification for RIRs is being a lighter red, that's described as being as light as Chestnut.

My book of SOP says their Disqualification is White in the plumage. Same with the New Hampshires.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom