Wheezing

duckeg

In the Brooder
Feb 9, 2016
Hey guys, one of my two ducks is wheezing for one week but he's eating swimming and running around , since he's swimming and washing his head i dont think something stuck in his nares.
I guess it started on a chilly night but im not sure , so i took him to the vet... some antibiotics shots and nothing happened really.
So what should i do? Thanks

Hey guys, one of my two ducks is wheezing for one week but he's eating swimming and running around , since he's swimming and washing his head i dont think something stuck in his nares.
I guess it started on a chilly night but im not sure , so i took him to the vet... some antibiotics shots and nothing happened really.
So what should i do? Thanks
Welcome to BYC! What shots did he get?

-Kathy

Thanks Kathy , i really dont know birds antibiotics? I can ask him..

Penicillin G
it's not the best choice, isn't it?

Not likely to treat things like E. coli or pseudomonas. Call your vet back and talk about other antibiotic options. I like Baytril, but it's banned for use in poultry, so you would have to think about that.

-Kathy

I heard that baytril causes abnormalities in young animals and my duck is 9-10 weeks ,side effects yay or nay?

I heard that baytril causes abnormalities in young animals and my duck is 9-10 weeks ,side effects yay or nay?

One of the Avian veterinary books I have says it can be used in young poultry/waterfowl and I have used it in ducklings, peachicks, poults and chicken chicks.

-Kathy

Back
Top Bottom