When bunnies attack!!!

Good advice and explanation, BunnyLady.
thumbsup.gif

Have you ever noticed a rabbit show aggression at 3 weeks of age? I was putting my hand in the nest box today, and the kit jumped from the back of the box onto my hand and seemed to be trying to kick me with his back legs. I don't know if he just had a case of the jumps or if he's already developing aggression.

Ill try to get some pics later. I think shes still in labor as she's lying on her side in the cage.

He didn't show any aggression towards the babies, he was actually very protective. I removed him to be sure he doesn't try to mount her tho.

Last edited:

Day one with the babies. :)

They've grown since then, almost palm sized, although one is definitely the runt. They seem to be making their way all over the cage... the mom is putting so much straw in the box that there isn't a lip anymore... should I try to fix it? I'm worried about stepping on them.

Day one with the babies.
smile.png

They've grown since then, almost palm sized, although one is definitely the runt. They seem to be making their way all over the cage... the mom is putting so much straw in the box that there isn't a lip anymore... should I try to fix it? I'm worried about stepping on them.
So cute! I would leave them, not try to fix it. The mother would probably know best :)

I flipped the box over in hopes that it would help, Jillian (mommy bunny ) took it from there. :) babies are all doing great. This is the nest, don't know if you can see them in there.

Back
Top Bottom