When can my ducks swim freely in my canal?

I have to build a ramp so they can get in and out because they have to over the bulkhead. They have the boatslip to go on too. Today is 99 degrees out and they are so hot and panting but the kiddie pool is in their pen to keep them cool. Thank you all for all of the help. Im going to be a nervous wreck.

So i built a ramp. Tried to show my ducks but i just ended up putting them on the grass landing. Thry have no interest in going into that water. How do i transition them? Do i take thrm in and try again tomorrow?or let them be?

Here is the landing

Attachments

• 1500844254919409583095.jpg
    1500844254919409583095.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 9
Update... I put my babies in the canal on the landing. They are very happy their...not too interested in going into the water yet but i hope that will change. The other 9 ducks seem to keep charging my ducks. What does this mean? My ducks run away and are shaking like a leaf...i put them in their pen at night. Please help...i want them to all get along.

Ducks see your ducklings as intruders in their territory and will not want them there so I'd suggest you set up something where your ducks can been seen by the adults but the adults cannot get to them. Eventually they will accept them it just takes a while. Some type of fencing maybe down into water edge so your ducklings aren't completely out of the water? they will need some type of protection from the hot sun too. Also depending on how many drakes are in the adult group there is always a possibility they may try and gang raped your females which won't end well either.

Ducks see your ducklings as intruders in their territory and will not want them there so I'd suggest you set up something where your ducks can been seen by the adults but the adults cannot get to them. Eventually they will accept them it just takes a while. Some type of fencing maybe down into water edge so your ducklings aren't completely out of the water? they will need some type of protection from the hot sun too. Also depending on how many drakes are in the adult group there is always a possibility they may try and gang raped your females which won't end well either.
This is very nerve wracking... I didn't realize that our neighbors were raising ducks too or else i would have asked to put them all together as babies.

Back
Top Bottom