when should hens start laying again after molting

Mine are all just about laying again now but guess what, there were 2 orphan hens that I got out of the woods that a neighbor moved off and just left them (started with 4 and 2 were all that's left when I got them). I had the 2 orphans in a 4'x4' cage in the run area to keep them quarantined and separated from the rest of my flock. Had them there for about 2 weeks and finally decided last Saturday to let them out with the rest. Went fairly well 1 was meek and she just blended in with the rest, the other was a little "hellion" she was fighting everyone, I split up several fights. But she finally stopped (was a little bloody but not bad) they separated themselves and kinda laid low the rest of the day. Well when it came time to roost they didn't want to go into the coop with the rest they went back to the cage. Well stupid stupid me I left the case doors open so that in the morning they could already be out when we come and let the others out........something got into the run area and got the little meek one :( there apparently was a hole or the coon just made a hole in the wire at the top closed to the middle post, came down the post got the hen and drug her back up the pole and out through the hole in the wire.............I could kick myself for not closing up the cage. Here I was saving them from the woods and thought I was putting them in a protected environment and one of them got killed. I'm sick!!!
that is bad luck. sorry but i lost 14 in a mink attack during christmas :'(
my hens still arnt laying what's rong 1 started laying for about 4 days but stopped again will they ever start laying again i got 10 new wans last october they havnt laid a egg yet and there not too young :''''''''''''''''(((

I got my first egg 3 days ago and i'm getting one egg a day so maybe there might be more eggs today :)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Same problem here!! I have 5 hens who have molted in the past month, only laying 1 egg every day or so between all 5 of them.. They are finished molting and look really good. When can I expect them to start laying again?

Back
Top Bottom