CharlesnBlue

Chirping
Mar 6, 2024
Northeastern NC
got my chicks on the 25 of march
will april 14 be too early ?

wing feathers are coming in
20240403_161619.png

I take them outside within the first 2 weeks, depending outside weather is cooperating, hen will have the chicks outside within couple weeks.
I dont take them out and leave them out though. Usually not till 3 or 4 weeks old and depending on weather. I also set up a little brooder they can go warm up and sleep in.

I do 8 weeks to move the chicks outside permanently. I also say April 14 might be to early for the chicks if it gets cold in the night.

its north eastern NC
I'm unfamiliar with what your average expected temps would be in mid April. Assuming you got these shipped or from a feed store immediately after they received them, they'd be a little over 3 weeks by the 14th. If your outdoor temperatures stay above the 60s or so, then it's doable. Lower than that, they might need an extra week perhaps, or the option of heat provided outside.

Might get to cold at night. We have a little shelter with it and put plenty of straw in it for them to keep warm. It also depends how many chickens you have.
Check the weather and if not sure better take them inside for the night and put them back out in the morning. Better safe as sorry.

Back
Top Bottom