When will my new full grown duck lay eggs?

Do you keep them shut in a coop at night. Ducks lay their eggs before about 8.00 in the morning. It's just a thought maybe try keeping her in the duck house till 8.00 and if she is laying she'll do it in the duck house. And then you'll know for sure if she's laying or not.
Another thought. Maybe being with all those drakes could have damaged her physically. When I was new to ducks my 1st hatch was three drakes and one female. I found the hard way the damage this can cause when my poor female died from their over zealous attention. She's beautiful anyway. Even if she doesn't lay any eggs. You'll get plenty of eggs from your younger ducks soon enough. :)

Aw thanks! :) she is beautiful! Even if she doesn't lay I will still love her the same! Im just curious to see what one of her eggs would look like, and taste like because I have never had a duck egg before :) but yes the ducks get locked up every night and we try to let them out as soon as we wake up in the morning but some days they are in there until 10 AM at the latest

I FINALLY GOT MY FIRST EGG FROM HER THIS MORNING!!!!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom