Where Can I Find Diatomaceous Earth?

Jmurcks

Songster
10 Years
Oct 30, 2009
North Alabama
Hope I spelled that right!
Just wanted to know where you guys find it and what place is the cheapest!
Can't find it around here
hmm.png

Thanks!

Ebay is prob going to be pricey. I would go to custommilling.com it's 50 bucks for 50 lb bag after shipping about (depending on where you live) I love in WI and that's what it cost me. And it's FOR sure the right type (should be pure white and edible even for humans). I did LOTS of research on it and tried to find places to buy it and this was the cheapest way to go. Plus it's delivered in two business days too
big_smile.png
Mine has lasted me almost 2 years now.

http://www.custommilling.com/DiatomaceousEarth.html

Last edited:
The thing with ordering online is the shipping will be outrageous. If feed stores in your area don't stock it, I would ask them if they can order it for you. It's worth a shot to also check w/garden nurserys in your area. Some keep it on hand, although it's more expensive than you'd pay at a feed store. Do make sure you specify Food Grade...safe for animals.

Randall Burkey sells it, too. They have a good selection of poultry products, good prices, and on most orders you can get $9.99 value shipping. Every time I order I'm amazed at how fast my goods end up at my front door.

http://www.randallburkey.com/

Did you try your local feed store?...tractor supply? I had a hard time finding also here in the outer Houston Texas area. I was lucky enough to met someone in a post that lives out here 45mins from me. She comes out this way 2 times a week. So she brought it to me and I paid her. We have become good friends. Post an ad on BYC for some one in a near by city! Good luck. Also good for fleas for my dogs!

I asked the people at TSC and they looked at me like I was crazy!
About the same response when I called all the local feed stores...
I found some on eBay for 50# for $50. I figure that's going to be about right.
How long does it last? I only have 6 chickens.

Back
Top Bottom