Where can I get bantam pullets in Texas?!

PolePole

In the Brooder
Feb 8, 2015
Driftwood, Texas
I am trying to find a place where I can purchase layer bantams (for example: Bantam Rhode Island Reds)
for my sister's small backyard coop. I have looked at Ideal Poultry and they only have straight run. We do not want the chicks/teenager pullets (it does not matter which) be shipped because we have had very bad experiences with shipping. Also can anyone recommend the best laying bantam.

I am trying to find a place where I can purchase layer bantams (for example: Bantam Rhode Island Reds)
for my sister's small backyard coop. I have looked at Ideal Poultry and they only have straight run. We do not want the chicks/teenager pullets (it does not matter which) be shipped because we have had very bad experiences with shipping. Also can anyone recommend the best laying bantam.

Bantams are difficult to find sexed due to their smaller size making the use of vent sexing more challenging and the risk of injury during sexing higher. If I am reading your post right, it sounds like finding a local breeder or hobbyist who sells started birds will be your best bet - you can check out this section https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/26/where-am-i-where-are-you
to find people near you who may be a good source of birds.

Back
Top Bottom