Where can I learn how to knit?

Are you looking for a class, then? Sometimes specialty yarn stores have classes. You can search online or in the yellow pages under yarn or craft supplies to find them. Some areas have casual knitting groups that get together in public places. There may be a knitting guild in your area. Some people buy a book to learn. There are websites with book-type instructions and some with video clips online.

www.google.com is a good search tool. You can ask at any specialty yarn or craft stores in your area, to see if they know of any classes or groups. I've often asked friends, co-workers and neighbors, when I'm looking for information. If they don't know, they often know someone that knows. You might even find someone to teach you that way!

And there the problem lies. We have no yarn stores or anything like that here. The closest we come is Michael's and JoAnn's. The area is growing, but not quite there yet!

Do you know some experienced knitter who can teach you? It's one of those thing where the basics come easy but you can get caught up with technicalities ie oh, shoot, I've dropped a stitch! How do I pick up and retain the pattern? That's why knitting is fun to do with others and not as easy sitting alone with a book. Oh, and I can remember the frustrations only too well when I was learning.
barnie.gif

edited for grammar

Last edited:
I found quite a few lessons online. I am kind of a clutz, so I was hoping for a hands on class, but I think I will have to go with the online stuff. It was BYC that even got me interested in doing it, so no I don't know anyone that knits. You would think I could find something more accessible to get interested in...

Back
Top Bottom