Where do you buy good quality but Cheap Trees

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by ametauss, Mar 13, 2009.

1. ametauss

ametauss Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 20, 2008
    Shepherdsville, KY
    I'm looking to plant some blue spruce as a barrier between my neighbor and us and have future Christmas trees.... Where can I get a bunch 50 for little to nothing??

I bought some fruit trees on-line and they were a good price but the "hedge" trees were a bit expensive when you get to the number I want....

Thanks!!
    [​IMG]

2. hoosier

hoosier Chillin' With My Peeps

In Indiana, we have a state tree nursery in Vallonia where you can order trees very inexpensively. I am sure KY has one as well.

3. BoJo

BoJo Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 17, 2009
    Dawsonville, Ga
    We ordered some trees from willisnurseries.com and they were really cheap!!

BoJo

I also saw some on craigslist....the guy said you dig them you have [email protected] LOl

4. HarlansHollowFarms

HarlansHollowFarms bana-bhuidseach anns gára

Jan 16, 2009
    Check with your local conservation dept. they may have a programs to help with barrior plantings.

5. HennysMom

HennysMom Keeper of the Tiara

www.auckersnursery.com sells TERRIFIC Leyland Cypress trees. We planted 109 of them from this seller and paid only .75 for each tree (12 inches tall each). He beats ANY nursery out there - and actually supplies most of the nursery's on the East Coast with their Leylands (including Lowes, Home Depot, etc). We purchased the Super Plugs I believe they were called - (12-18 inches) in Oct 2007 and now, they are nearly hip high on me, well over 3 feet on most of them! [​IMG]

I dont know if he has any of the spruce - but.. you do know that spruce take forever to grow dont you? If you're looking for privacy - look at the Leyland or a green arborvitae

Last edited: Mar 13, 2009
  6. schmije

schmije Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 25, 2008
    Peoria, IL
  7. ametauss

ametauss Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 20, 2008
    Shepherdsville, KY
    Thanks for the info... I'll have to check them all out!!

8. Ridgerunner

Ridgerunner Chicken Obsessed

Feb 2, 2009
    Northwest Arkansas
  9. SoccerMomof7

SoccerMomof7 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 13, 2008
    Kansas
    Quote:Where did you order those? I am wanting to buy some fruit trees this year.

10. HennysMom

HennysMom Keeper of the Tiara

Quote:I've ordered from them before and... they send you little tiny sticks, if they are even 3-6 inches tall you're lucky [​IMG].

I really like auckers nursery and for fruit trees and MANY OTHER types of trees, flowers, plants, shrubs, you can also try www.millernurseries.com Have gotten all of my fruit trees, grapes, blackberries, raspberries, etc from them. Fruit trees arrive bare root stock and are at least 3-5 feet tall!! [​IMG] *and guarenteed!*

Last edited: Mar 16, 2009

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by