Where do your girls lay

Out of thirteen hens I usually get one or two a day on the floor instead of in the boxes. I made boxes out of some wooden bookshelf cubes and put a slat in front. I've seen three chickens in one box -- a very tight squeeze. I have a pic somewhere:

nestboxes.jpg

One of my nutty Delawares likes to be ON TOP of the nest boxes. Her egg sometimes stays up there, but more usually falls to the floor where, if it breaks, gets eaten. Sometimes it gets stuck in the space in between the two boxes.

Thanks for the comments on the tractor seat picture. Maybe she likes it cuz she blends in so well. I don't know but its just odd to me. She gets all fussy if I attempt to put her in the pen with the nest boxes. At least I know where to look each day, and the tractor is right by the back door. (yep the cars are out in the weather).
smile.png

You are welcome, it could be a Christmas card,

My girls are finally getting it, they are laying in the nest "all of them" it is amazing. I am getting 4 a day almost I have 5 girls.
yippiechickie.gif

Mine lay in the dog house that I put in the pen for the goats. Funny thing is...the goats still get in but don't break any of the eggs.

Back
Top Bottom