Where is the parrot people at?

RebelEgger

Free Ranging
May 10, 2020
Chester, Nova Scotia
My Coop
My Coop
HI guys! I do not currently have any birds other than chickens. Through my work I have a client that is now putting me in her will to take her 3 birds when it's time. She has indicated to me that this will be sooner (in a few years?) rather than later, as she is 67 and wants them to be in a new home before she can no longer care for them.
She has 1 green ringneck and 2 conures.
They are going to come with every thing they could possibly need for housing.
My question for now is, can someone recommend some books on parrot care (breed specific if possible). I want to read as much as I can to be as prepared as possible.
My husband and I are very excited about our future commitment but we don't want to be figuring it out when they get here.
Thanks!

i have a lot of experience with conures as I had both a Maroon bellied and a Sun conure along with African grey, Yellow crested cockatoo and a Senegal parrot.

Do you know what kind of conures they are?

i have a lot of experience with conures as I had both a Maroon bellied and a Sun conure along with African grey, Yellow crested cockatoo and a Senegal parrot.

Do you know what kind of conures they are?
I'm embarrassed to say I don't know what kind they are for sure, but I believe they are both green cheeked. That's my best guess. Here is a picture of them:

Attachments

• conures.jpg
    conures.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 1
Hi! I have a budgie (Tango). A book I recommend is parrots for dummies (the 2nd edition is the one I have)
It has a lot of really good information on housing, diet, behavior, taming, and also a bit about some parrot species usually kept as pets.
1641419174032.png

Hi! I have a budgie (Tango). A book I recommend is parrots for dummies (the 2nd edition is the one I have)
It has a lot of really good information on housing, diet, behavior, taming, and also a bit about some parrot species usually kept as pets.
View attachment 2950848
I had considered this one, so thank you!

Back
Top Bottom