Where to buy immediate release niacin in the uk?

Gemduckmum

Chirping
Apr 21, 2018
UK
I’m really struggling to find immediate release niacin. I bought some from Holland and Barrett but I think they’re the timed release type, can I still give my ducks that? I’ve noticed one of my runners has developed shaky legs sometimes so I’m putting brewers yeast on their food but I’d like to find some suitable niacin too! Any suggestions from my fellow UK duck parents would be appreciated :)

x2

niacin tablets UK amazon is all I can find (nothing injectable, like in the states) but it is the flush-free variety. I would prefer to find the injectable, but according to an internet search, none of your vet supply stores carry it. I may be searching wrong.
Using your link, I searched liquid b complex and came up with these. Niacin is b3, so just make sure it has that in it if you want that variety.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_s...fix=Liquid+b+,drugstore,309&crid=3YO5FRTHNPEJ

Time released will not process in their bodies fast enough for them to benefit. :(
x2

niacin tablets UK amazon is all I can find (nothing injectable, like in the states) but it is the flush-free variety. I would prefer to find the injectable, but according to an internet search, none of your vet supply stores carry it. I may be searching wrong.

Thanks for the replies everyone! I’ve found some brewers yeast and for the last few weeks I’ve been putting it on their food on and off, 1 tablet per cup of food. I’m going to be more consistent and see if my runner’s leg stops shaking. I wasn’t sure whether brewers yeast alone was a good enough source of niacin.

Thanks for the replies everyone! I’ve found some brewers yeast and for the last few weeks I’ve been putting it on their food on and off, 1 tablet per cup of food. I’m going to be more consistent and see if my runner’s leg stops shaking. I wasn’t sure whether brewers yeast alone was a good enough source of niacin.
Can you post a picture of the ingredient label? Then we can help you with how much to give them.

Can you get brewers yeast or nutritional yeast on Amazon?

Oops, re-read that. Brewers yeast is a form of niacin. How much are you putting on their food?
Maybe try to find a liquid form of b3 (niacin) if you are still having issues.

Get B Complex in liquid. That works faster when one is already having issues. It can be in pharmacies or online (human) 1teaspoon daily. Or at feed stores that carry cow vitamins. It will say injectable b complex but it can be given orally. 1 ml daily

Can you post a picture of the ingredient label? Then we can help you with how much to give them.
This is a screenshot of the product from the website. Each tablet contains 500mg of Brewers Yeast

Attachments

• 51F02723-F00A-4B77-B40E-3CEB86E17169.png
    51F02723-F00A-4B77-B40E-3CEB86E17169.png
    631.7 KB · Views: 23

Back
Top Bottom