Where to buy Organic Chicken Feed?

There must not be any organic mills down there in Texas. The feed mill I buy from in southwest Wisconsin actually trucks feed down to an organic layer farm in Texas...

The Organic Pride mill in Westby is only about 20 miles from us. I actually had one of their salesmen and a Land O Lakes regional rep show up at our farm one morning to introduce themselves, just in case I might be interested in a quote on their layer feed...

Quote:
Thanks! It is a good resource because they give a brief description each company or product.

I searched around the links and addresses on that one a lot when I first started with chickens and then again when I began my list. There are a lot of companies on that list, however, most of the ones on the lions grip list that are not also on the list I am compiling, don't actually sell feed to the public or are defunct. There are many duplicates to my list otherwise. Nevertheless, it is a great source, and I agree, it is worth checking out.

It has been awhile, and I'll go back and double check for any changes. Thanks for reminding me of it!

Quote:
Thanks! It is a good resource because they give a brief description each company or product.

I searched around the links and addresses on that one a lot when I first started with chickens and then again when I began my list. There are a lot of companies on that list, however, most of the ones on the lions grip list that are not also on the list I am compiling, don't actually sell feed to the public or are defunct. There are many duplicates to my list otherwise. Nevertheless, it is a great source, and I agree, it is worth checking out.

It has been awhile, and I'll go back and double check for any changes. Thanks for reminding me of it!

Np, I think I found it when I was trying to find local organic feed cheaper than the $25.95 I payed for the organic pride. It sure seems like it's taking them forever to go through it.

I get mine [edit:(Purina's Organic Pride)] at:

The Country Feed Store
7180 Avenida Encinas
(between San Carlos & Loganberry Dr)
Carlsbad, CA 92011
(760) 929-0168

I have to have them order it, they call me when it arrives and then I go get it. It costs about $29 for 50# No shipping charges.
It can also be purchasted through the Vista store:

The Country Feed Store
760-724-7310
2111 E Vista Way Vista, CA 92084

Last edited:
if it helps, Double G in Asheville, NC is a buyers' club for Countryside.

we've got a buyers' club for them as well in Knoxville, TN.

contact info:
Dave Waters
423-506-3872
email: [email protected]
(orders picked up at the Market Square Farmer's Market during the season or Dave's farm by prior arrangement)

There are several other buyer's clubs for Countryside in NC, GA, and FL. don't know if you'd want to include them all, but the list is here.

there is supposedly a feed store in NE Tennessee that sells some sort of organic feed, but i haven't been able to locate it yet. i'll keep looking.

as far as i know, there are NO organic mills south of Virginia and as far west as Texas. that is our MAJOR problem in the SE right now.

Back
Top Bottom