Votes: 4 10.8%
  • Pro Stock

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Country Junction

Votes: 2 5.4%
  • Agrimaster

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I use the Layena omega 3 for my chickens and ADM game bird feed for my quail/pheasants.

I have tried Layena omega 3 before, my flock just turned up their beaks to it :p

I feed layer and game bird both, with all the free oyster shell they can eat. They eat about a pint jar every couple or 3 wks

I have never bought oyster shell for my flock before, their eggs are very strong, it just hasn't been a dire need for my hens.

I get DuMOR organic because it is the only organic feed that I can buy in bulk! My chickens like it and I haven't had any problems with it at all! I have also found it to be really fresh at my Tractor Supply which is a nice bonus.

Our Tractor Supply usually keeps feed that is pretty fresh, I did buy a bag of layer feed that had mold in it once, though :sick

I only feed Purina Flock Raiser for my flock with oyster shell in a separate container. My chickens love it! My TSC can’t keep it on the shelf, so it’s always fresh!!!!

Whatever's cheapest, unmedicated, and has extra protein. The extra protein is to develop them to full potential for showing purposes. Unmedicated because I have found medicated didn't prevent cocci. anyways and it was causing crooked toes. Once changed feeds the crooked toes stopped occurring.
How are my chickens dealing with whatever is cheapest? (Usually Sprout I think)
Well they're in top condition, good flesh and health.

Whatever's cheapest and unmedicated and has extra protein. The extra protein is to develop them to full potential for showing purposes. Unmedicated because I have found medicated didn't prevent cocci. anyways and it was causing crooked toes. Once changed feeds the crooked toes stopped occurring.
How are my chickens dealing with whatever is cheapest? (Usually Sprout I think)
Well they're in top condition, good flesh and health.

I'm very glad you found a good feed that doesn't cost much :)

Our Knights Farm Supply only really does Blue Seal and that's all we've used for our layers.

However, we've found that the Purina Chick Starter is better for our meat birds. I know there's not really any information on it but when we had them on Blue Seal we had loads and loads of pasty butts, and when we switched them to Purina there were maybe 1-2 pasty butts in the same flock size.

Our Knights Farm Supply only really does Blue Seal and that's all we've used for our layers.

However, we've found that the Purina Chick Starter is better for our meat birds. I know there's not really any information on it but when we had them on Blue Seal we had loads and loads of pasty butts, and when we switched them to Purina there were maybe 1-2 pasty butts in the same flock size.

I've never tried Blue Seal. Have you ever bought Purina for layers? I just think that Purina is great all around!

I have heard that coming from purina, only had 2 cases of it in 30 some odd chicks this spring

Back
Top Bottom