• Total voters

RodNTN

Hatchaolic
8 Years
May 22, 2013
The Volunteer State
My Coop
My Coop
Which feed brand do you all buy? I'm just curious. I've been buying Purina's Layena crumbles for 2 years and my chickens are healthier than they've ever been. I feed them in the mornings and in the evenings, and they devour it! So, what brand do you all buy? If I've left any brand out, just let me know!

DuMOR
Producers Pride
Purina
Nature Wise
Nature's Best
Manna Pro
Blue Seal
Eggland's Best
Farmers' Helper
Kent
Healthy Harvest
Sprout
Scratch and Peck
Country Junction
Pro Stock
Agrimaster

Last edited:
Okay, I'll add it! What do you like about it? Have you tried other brands before that? If so, why did you switch?
I have only fed this brand for decades. I did try Dumor once but my birds wouldn't eat it. I used to feed a layer but switched to their all flock about 5 years ago and my birds do much better on it. I also can feed it to all my poultry which is much easier.

I have only fed this brand for decades. I did try Dumor once but my birds wouldn't eat it. I used to feed a layer but switched to their all flock about 5 years ago and my birds do much better on it. I also can feed it to all my poultry which is much easier.

I tried Dumor as well, my chickens' health plummeted in days. They were so draggy, and didn't lay well. That's when I switched to Layena.
I've considered switching to an All Flock, do you offer your hens oyster shell if you are not feeding a layer feed?

I use the Layena omega 3 for my chickens and ADM game bird feed for my quail/pheasants.

I have tried Layena omega 3 before, my flock just turned up their beaks to it :p

I feed layer and game bird both, with all the free oyster shell they can eat. They eat about a pint jar every couple or 3 wks

I have never bought oyster shell for my flock before, their eggs are very strong, it just hasn't been a dire need for my hens.

Back
Top Bottom