Which breeds did you wish you got?

Blooie,
That has been my experience with them as well.
I will say that many years ago I had an almost all BA flock with one Columbian Wyandotte and she was not like that. I think it may have been because she was odd man out. (Her name was Dottie. She was actually a nice hen.)

I have... 1 Gl wyandotte 1 sl wyandotte 2 jersey giant pullets 2 silkie hens a sizzle rooster a silkie cockerel and a silkie pullet 5 baby doll cochin chicks and 3 silkie chicks! I would like to add some more wyandottes in different colors. I really like columbian, blue laced red, slash laced red, and black laced red. I just can't find anyone who has any near me.

I have 4 girls, 1 Black Australorp, 1 Buff Orpington, 1 Columbian Wyandotte and 1 Golden Laced Wyandotte who are all 3 days old. I wanted breeds that were brown egg layers and friendly. However, I waited too late to add an EE to my order.

I have 4 girls, 1 Black Australorp, 1 Buff Orpington, 1 Columbian Wyandotte and 1 Golden Laced Wyandotte who are all 3 days old. I wanted breeds that were brown egg layers and friendly. However, I waited too late to add an EE to my order.

I'm super jealous! Where did you find a columbian? All I can find is silver and golds.

My first flock was a mix - RIRs, Australorps, BRs, Easter Eggers - it was fun. When it was time for my second flock, I went for production and temperament and bought 12 Rhode Islands. Simply the best.

I've a buff brahma and new hampshire red. I just added two cochins, two speckled sussex, a buckeye and a black jersey giant. Next time, Easter eggers, and a light brahma, i love pea combs!

Yes. EE's, Wyandottes,
cochins, australorps are nice, etc etc. I would have only D'Uccles.
Sweet, super friendly.
Fabulous Broody's.

They fly up to my hand for treats and tolerat pets and kisses while they eat. My SLW does this sometimes also, hauls her big ole bum up on the fence for pets and treats...she is a lummox. That's the generous woman in the avatar...

ETA: 36 chicks for - for sale as started ,POL pullets. I would love to keep favorites from this group...

Last edited:
I wish I had gotten all the americauna breeds, because different ones lay blue eggs, also some speckled sussex and some silkies. :love

I just added some Cochins to my brood, and I love them and their personalities, I'm hoping ones a male so I can have more of them. :drool (I know I'm obsessed when it comes to chickens) ;)

Last edited:
So, we got Gold-laced wyandottes, silver laced wyandottes, buff orps, Isa Browns, and BR's. I would like to have gotten some RIR's and some BSL's. At least there is always next year, right?

Back
Top Bottom