Which is better?

Crazy Chicken Boy

In the Brooder
Jan 16, 2024
I want to get a white egg layer this year but don't want leghorn or california white. So I am considering the Ancona and Andalusian chicken breeds and was wondering which one y'all think is better? BTW I should mention that what I'm looking for is a good bird that can be broody, lays eggs, and is a little more docile and not quite so flighty.

With those criteria, probably better try the Andalusian. They may be calmer/more friendly depending on the chicken. I gotta tell you though, I've been very happy with the friendliness of my White Leghorns. Got them from Murray McMurray.

With those criteria, probably better try the Andalusian. They may be calmer/more friendly depending on the chicken. I gotta tell you though, I've been very happy with the friendliness of my White Leghorns. Got them from Murray McMurray.
Ok I will look into Murray McMurray more. However do you know what the breed, sex, and shipping minimums are there? Also is the Andalusian more cold hardy?

I would go with the Blue Andalusian. They would fit all of your needs. They don't go broody very often but would occasionally.
There are some other White Egg laying chicken breeds that would fit your needs a bit more such as Polish & Silkie chickens!

Back
Top Bottom