BirdBoy88

Angel Egg
12 Years
Dec 26, 2007
Maryland
Which is better

Buying eggs for hatching from Ebay?

Or

Buying eggs for Hatching here on BYC from other BYC friends?

i'm going to be getting some eggs soon and i wanted to know which would be better for hatching and you know.. just Goodness
smile.png

Last edited:
Both can be great or bad. Just check out their FB on Ebay or the feedback sticky here on BYC...or ask a mod about that member. I've only had bad luck 1 time here and it was a private trade, so I didn't lose any $$$-just all the eggs except 1. Ebay can have bad luck too- just go by the feedback score and hope and pray the USPS does a great job handling the eggs. They can mess up any box of eggs from anywhere.
JMOH
Lisa

Both work. I look for someone who has what I want that is close. Feedback should be read on all Ebay auctions or any auctions that you may go through. But no matter how careful the seller is in packing, there is never a guarantee on shipped eggs. Although some sellers do guarentee a hatch and will replace eggs but you have to pay the shipping again.
First find the kind of birds you want.
Second look at the distance your eggs have to travel.
Third determine if the seller has a good reputation.
Fourth, is the price right for what you are getting.
Eggs from SQ birds will cost more than eggs from the backyard hobbiest.

My vote is on BYC ! Most here that sell hatching eggs do a fine job of packing. The postal service can be a little rough but, that's the chance you take either way.

I purchased 10 eggs from a wonderful woman on ebay last summer. All the eggs hatched. My only problem was every and I mean every chick was a rooster. Talk about bad luck.

I got 9 eggs from a BYC member for free after she read my post about all the roo's I hatched. Out of her batch 7 were duds and the 2 that hatched were roosters.

So in closing, both experiences were great. Both orders were packed super, no broken eggs. On Ebay the woman had a 100% feedback rating. BYC woman was great to deal with, I just read all her posts before accepted the eggs to kinda judge her character.

DeeDee

To be honest look at feedback on ebay, I would only buy eggs from a poultry breeder or farm that sells on ebay, but it usually only depends if they had a good postage time! and not too rough. For me mots of the eggs have been fertile on ebay, and i think you can trust people on BYC if they have good feedback or are a good community member.

It both.I've bought eggs from ebay and here. from ebay I bought. 1 emu egg no hatch, 12 RIR 1 hatched, 2 emu eggs 1 hatched. my best eggs from ebay was 6 Buff Polish eggs 7 hatched out of 8 eggs she sent me. On here I bought. 12 buff silie eggs 8 hatched, 2 doz cohin eggs 3 hatched, 12 silkie eggs 1 hatched, 12 cuckoo maran eggs 2 hatched. so it half and half

Back
Top Bottom