Which would you buy Sportsman GQF or Pro 1200 or 1202?

chicknfishn

Songster
9 Years
Mar 22, 2010
SW Washington State
Ok Everyone

I have the opportunity to buy either a Sportsman GQF 1200 or Sportsman Pro1202. I think that I have the numbers right. Everything else is equal, both have been gone over and everything is either new or works well. Both have the acrylic door. However the Pro is 40.00 more. Have you had luck with one or both of these and which would you buy given the chance.

I checked them out & both are wafer controlled by 2 wafer thermostats. They are basically the same, as far as I can tell. The double wafer system is not easy to get set on the proper temperature. Once you do, they'll work fine. The 1502 is around $650. I would recommend spending some extra on one, or change out the wafer controlled thermostat to an electronic. You can get them for $10-$15. If you keep it & run it wafer, may I suggest ordering a couple of back-up wafers. They have a tendency to not work well after awhile. They expand & contract to control the temp., & too much of that won't hold the incubator temperature as well. Whatever you decide,......HAPPY HATCHING!!

Either you're lucky, or I was UNlucky.
hu.gif

The electronic thermostat is around 70.00 to 80.00. If you know where to get them cheaper I would love to know.

Mine runs on wafers and hold's is temp without adjustment.

This is what he just emailed back to me. It is a muti turn electronic thermostats (not the digital thermostat) with wafer thermostats as backups. So is this good or not. Not too sure what this means.

first 1200,1400,1500 series. mean different thing in different years. I have a 1200 that has the electronic thermostat

so the biggest difference between the pro and sportsman is the pro has no hatching tray so the racks are spaced farther apart, as its been said wafers can be a big pain in the butt, the electric thermostat is what i love about mine

what it means is the temp changes 1._ degree per turn, can't remember what the ._ is

if you have a hatcher go for the pro, easier to clean

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom