White barred chicken...?

Are the only possible parents a barred rock rooster and a white hen of unknown breed?
I believe so. The only other rooster i have is a buff orpington. As for hens probably one of my production whites. I doubt its the white hen with leakage because the only other color he has is a couple of feathers with regular barring(blk and wht)

I believe so. The only other rooster i have is a buff orpington. As for hens probably one of my production whites. I doubt its the white hen with leakage because the only other color he has is a couple of feathers with regular barring(blk and wht)
Do you have a picture of your production whites and the white hen with leakage?

Thought I’d give an update. @All4Eggz @RoostersAreAwesome @MysteryChicken @Amer
View attachment 2719591
View attachment 2719592
View attachment 2719593
I think his color is darker than it was before. Idk thoughts?
Really cool! I bet he is pure for extended black, but heterozygous for dominant white. I think the grey coloring is caused by that but the yellowish tint is caused by brass even pure white or pure barred birds can get when they are gold based.

Really cool! I bet he is pure for extended black, but heterozygous for dominant white. I think the grey coloring is caused by that but the yellowish tint is caused by brass even pure white or pure barred birds can get when they are gold based.
I thought chickens couldn’t be pure for extended black if they had dominant white?

Back
Top Bottom