White chicks

Quote:
Eh, maybe your right....?
hu.gif

Quote:
im not very good at finding the earlobes, but arnt there red? or amm i looking at the wrong red dot on the side of there face...? can anyone tell?

edit: and pluse, dont leghorns have REALLY somewhat larger combs, and those arnt THAT BIG for there age sooo im thinkin those are white rocks....

Their final earlobe color isn't going to show up yet. It'll be a couple more weeks. As far as their combs, for 3wk chicks, those look like leghorn combs.

Here are some pics of one of my 20 day old white leghorn pullets from last summer:
13038_p8010047.jpg

13038_p8010049.jpg

Leghorn - especially if they're not friendly. I've had them a while and they still behave like i'm going to kill them. They've never got used to people.
roll.png
My two girls are so scatty. They lay lovely,pure white,quite large eggs though. Occasionally I get a double yolker. Their legs are really skinny, quite comical to see them darting around the garden.
gig.gif

I am new to all those but I will throw my two cents in anyway.
They look like my white rocks at that age. Mine are pretty friendly though. At least they are pullets! One of mine turned out to be a roo!

Last edited:
My guess is leghorns because of the slender build (as mentioned before), the combs, and the flightiness. We have a couple and they are the least friendly of the bunch.

Our california white chicks (1/2 leghorn) were the same way - they freaked out everytime we put our hands in the cage.

Once the leghorns started laying, they did calm down a bit and they are now laying nice large eggs every single day.

Yep they're flighty. One flew out the top of their coop when I had the roof raised up! Then they're impossible to catch, best luck is to just herd them back towards their friends and try to get them to walk back in the cage on their own.

Yesterday I got 2 of them to take meal worms from my hand though. They BITE dangit, the Reds aren't nearly so nippy! I also got the impression that they couldn't see as well as the red ones I have, but I'm not sure.

Yall guys have got me pretty convinced they're Leghorns. I agree that they are skinny little things.

Back
Top Bottom