I wish I had more of an answer, but just thinking through some questions - have you changed bedding, or maybe the supplier has switched practices? I'm wondering if they're finding some kind of weed that they shouldn't be eating?

If you're comfortable with it, maybe go talk to your neighbor to make sure they aren't spraying anything that's floating down to your yard or experiencing the same problems with their birds.
I’m using the pine shavings from tractor supply, as for weeds I haven’t seen them messing around with anything new in the last few months, I’ll have to ask my neighbors, they’re the only thinG that’s changed around here in the last year.
They moved in at the end of January and brought chickens with them, their coop is about 300 to 500 yards up the hill from my yard.

I’m using the pine shavings from tractor supply, as for weeds I haven’t seen them messing around with anything new in the last few months, I’ll have to ask my neighbors, they’re the only thinG that’s changed around here in the last year.
They moved in at the end of January and brought chickens with them, their coop is about 300 to 500 yards up the hill from my yard.
Hopefully, you'll be able to find some answers, people spray all kinds of crazy stuff when they shouldn't. I've had to let sections of my property go absolutely wild to build buffers from my neighbors who spray for mosquitoes & ticks every year, it drives me nuts.

Hopefully, you'll be able to find some answers, people spray all kinds of crazy stuff when they shouldn't. I've had to let sections of my property go absolutely wild to build buffers from my neighbors who spray for mosquitoes & ticks every year, it drives me nuts.
Sorry for the late reply, I missed the notification, the neighbors aren’t spraying, they’re more into weed whacking then pesticides.

The white droppings seem ve gone awa for now so that’s good, I haven’t heard any sniffles in awhile either.

Sorry for the late reply, I missed the notification, the neighbors aren’t spraying, they’re more into weed whacking then pesticides.

The white droppings seem ve gone awa for now so that’s good, I haven’t heard any sniffles in awhile either.

No worries :) hate that that adds to the puzzle a bit, but good on them for not spraying! Hopefully, things will stay normal and it just ends up being a fluke.

The heat wave brought whatever it is back but worse, unless it’s something else like Asper, which is a fear of mine.

Part of me thinks it’s what they had before because most of them have the sniffles like before, everyone has white diarrhea, but Helios and Roxby sound awful, worse than before so I’m extra worried. 228EAD73-AC55-4612-9174-538502D20B16.jpeg
I’ve decided to treat them with denegard because I strongly suspect it’s mycoplasma now. I tried giving it in their water and I flavored it with various things because it supposedly tastes so awful, but they wouldn’t drink the water with sweetener so I tried it without and they drink it without any sweetener just fine.

Back
Top Bottom