white goose in my neighborhood all alone...

Thanks for all the support!!! He/She is doing well! Yesterday I left him together with my Sebbies and Runners. I did add a couple drops of Ivermectin to his back in case he has lice/bugs/etc. I know he should have been quarantined...but... I thought he needed the company because he could hear them. He took right to the geese, mainly because the runners ran when they saw him. My goose didn't give him a second look, however, the gander spent most of the day bobbing heads and squawking at him. There was a nip or two at the watering hole, but I left them alone. Today, they have been wandering around the yard grazing together.
smile.png

I still don't know what gender. I did get my first TWO goose eggs today. One normal one in the pen (Sebbie) and one soft-shelled broken one in the yard after I added the new goose... ... so could it be a she?? I didn't think geese laid more than one egg a day.

It is very tempting to keep him/her... but I really can't. Patti's friend is not ready for geese right now. I will put a post in the for sale/wanted, but if anybody knows anybody in my general area that is interested, please let me know!!! I am willing to travel to meet up, so please don't hesitate to contact me. I will even drive to California if the person pays my gas and lets me stay there for a week!
big_smile.png
Sorry, I will not ship the goose.

Thanks for all the support!!! He/She is doing well! Yesterday I left him together with my Sebbies and Runners. I did add a couple drops of Ivermectin to his back in case he has lice/bugs/etc. I know he should have been quarantined...but... I thought he needed the company because he could hear them. He took right to the geese, mainly because the runners ran when they saw him. My goose didn't give him a second look, however, the gander spent most of the day bobbing heads and squawking at him. There was a nip or two at the watering hole, but I left them alone. Today, they have been wandering around the yard grazing together.
smile.png

I still don't know what gender. I did get my first TWO goose eggs today. One normal one in the pen (Sebbie) and one soft-shelled broken one in the yard after I added the new goose... ... so could it be a she?? I didn't think geese laid more than one egg a day.

It is very tempting to keep him/her... but I really can't. Patti's friend is not ready for geese right now. I will put a post in the for sale/wanted, but if anybody knows anybody in my general area that is interested, please let me know!!! I am willing to travel to meet up, so please don't hesitate to contact me. I will even drive to California if the person pays my gas and lets me stay there for a week!
big_smile.png
Sorry, I will not ship the goose.

Thanks for the update. I am sure it is enjoying the company of your geese after being alone for so long. And geese don't lay more than 1 egg a day so MAYBE? I hope you can find a great home for her and she'll never have to be alone again.
fl.gif

I posted an ad for him/her in classifieds section. Please if anybody is interested let me know and I will try to work something out. I am hesitant to put it on craigslist or in a local newspaper... I don't want it to end up back in the wild because somebody didn't realize all of the responsibilities of owning waterfowl.

THANKS!!

I posted an ad for him/her in classifieds section. Please if anybody is interested let me know and I will try to work something out. I am hesitant to put it on craigslist or in a local newspaper... I don't want it to end up back in the wild because somebody didn't realize all of the responsibilities of owning waterfowl.

THANKS!!

How is he/she doing? do you know gender? wish i was closer i'd take her if a she. I have an emden gander.

I'm still not sure on the sex.. It really acts like more like my female Sebbie. It hollers when it sees somebody, but quietly honks to other geese and ducks. It doesn't walk around with its chest out and head up like my gander. I tried vent sexing last night, and did not find a penis. I was thinking of x-raying/ultrasounding her to see if we can see any eggs that may be formed... I could DNA sex if somebody is really interested. It has a very nice disposition for a goose. After the vent sexing last night, I felt bad and filled up the tub for a private bath. She had a really good time splashing around. Afterwards, I was sitting on floor and she stood right next to me and preened. She then took romaine and kale from me like we have been friends forever...
love.gif
I cannot keep this goose!!!

It might be an older girl afterall because it's really not hard to see a penis on a goose, especially if you've had her for a while. They penises seem to pop out pretty easily on Chinese geese, I've recently noticed. If it has a sweet disposition, it doesn't matter anyway. Some ganders are gentle, too, and walk around cooing all day and only yell when they get excited or scared.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom