White & lavender ameraucana Rooster = ? Color chicks

Hopefully you can see the photo now-
I don’t know if the white carries the lavender gene. I thought lavender & lavender produce lavender chicks. That’s why I don’t know where these blue chicks are coming from-and they have the dark blue legs. She must carry the gene 🤷‍♀️
Thank you for responding!
Those chicks are blue, not lavender. The blue (or splash) is probably under the mother’s white.

Some of those white chicks with speckles look paint. Your hen is dominant white clearly. They were probably from her with the lavender. ETA white Leghorns could also be the mother.
I know I have one leghorn Roo with a red comb and yellow legs and another with yellow legs. I think I have two white chicks with dark legs. There is also the littlest white one, who is the bravest, almost always getting into trouble, who reminds me of her mother! No spots on her. I also have one black one who I thought was a Maran but she has developed a brown pattern on her wings, so she could be an Easter Egger.

Are the Copper Marans all black? If you have Splash copper hens the Lavender male (black) could throw blue with them.
My French Copper Marans are all black. Sweet Cheeks has one black chick which I thought was a Maran but she is developing a brown pattern on her wings which makes me think the Easter Egger was the mother but her head is black.

I know I have one leghorn Roo with a red comb and yellow legs and another with yellow legs. I think I have two white chicks with dark legs. There is also the littlest white one, who is the bravest, almost always getting into trouble, who reminds me of her mother! No spots on her. I also have one black one who I thought was a Maran but she has developed a brown pattern on her wings, so she could be an Easter Egger.
Well, the dark legs only would tell you about the maternal side if they are male.
Males receive one allele from each side, and since id+ (Slate legs) is recessive, they only get slate legs if they have a copy of id+ from each side. Meanwhile, females only need to receive one from their father, they can’t get one from their mother.

Back
Top Bottom