Easter Egger (Possibility of lavender or blue?)

AJ916

Songster
8 Years
Jul 4, 2015
So this is a bit difficult to word the way I’m trying to ask, so correct me if it makes no sense but I have a bantam Easter egger who has the most beautiful coloring. She’s only about two months old but I’m very curious about her possible genetics. I know Easter Eggers are mixes and hatcheries rarely tell what combos they use so my question is more about her color. Im posting pictures below but my question is basically is there a way to tell if her coloring would technically be a type of blue or a type of lavender by appearance? Her color is primary evenly distributed but she may have a few flakes of darker color in her feathers that I’m overlooking.
If not would my best bet be to wait and breed her to a lavender once she’s mature? I read that lavender breeds true, so technically if I bred her to a lavender and their offspring were 100% lavender could I say for sure she was a lavender then? And if not would I consider her a blue? (I’d like to add her legs are slate)

FE0C1798-AF95-4CA2-8167-51874849F9F1.jpeg

417AFD98-F748-499A-A2D8-07BC39A3C07E.jpeg

Pics of her as a chick

2FA24330-8168-41B8-A874-7EBCC8ED1D81.jpeg

08E5C481-B7CA-4BC2-850B-66EA8D9EDBB9.jpeg

Pics of her now (excuse the first one her face was a lil dirty from eating off a chicken snack block)

It’s hard to tell from the pictures, but I’m pretty sure she’s splash (meaning she has two blue genes).
Oh okay! Thank you! That makes more sense because I could’ve sworn I did see some flaking of darker grey or maybe even lighter colors in her feathers. She’s a pretty girl, and I love Easter Eggers I just always wanna figure out as much as I can about my birds and they’re hard to figure out for me.

So this is a bit difficult to word the way I’m trying to ask, so correct me if it makes no sense but I have a bantam Easter egger who has the most beautiful coloring. She’s only about two months old but I’m very curious about her possible genetics. I know Easter Eggers are mixes and hatcheries rarely tell what combos they use so my question is more about her color. Im posting pictures below but my question is basically is there a way to tell if her coloring would technically be a type of blue or a type of lavender by appearance? Her color is primary evenly distributed but she may have a few flakes of darker color in her feathers that I’m overlooking.
If not would my best bet be to wait and breed her to a lavender once she’s mature? I read that lavender breeds true, so technically if I bred her to a lavender and their offspring were 100% lavender could I say for sure she was a lavender then? And if not would I consider her a blue? (I’d like to add her legs are slate)

View attachment 3580601
View attachment 3580602
Pics of her as a chick

View attachment 3580604
View attachment 3580603
Pics of her now (excuse the first one her face was a lil dirty from eating off a chicken snack block)
Those cheeks!! 😍

Back
Top Bottom