White Sport Cream Legbars

Pics
It appears to be gone now. What was it about the auction that gave you a chuckle?

It was the auction of an eight month old white sport cream legbar cockerel on the Rare Breed Auction site.
It was actually a hen.....
wink.png

Candace, did you check the link? it was there just now.

My white cockerel up an cocked an attitude with me two days ago. He declared all out war. I've never had a Legbar act that aggressive. He was going all out trying to flog me. I deflected him with the feed scoop for several minutes until I could catch him. Then I carried him around for a while. He repeated the behavior yesterday. I was able to catch him much faster, carried him around a while, then held him back to the ground for a minute before I released him. This morning I didn't wait. I openened their pop door first and caught him on the way out, hung him upside down 'till he quit struggling, then carried him around while I fed and opened all the other pens. Several other roosters tried to take advantage of his situation. He was the last to eat. I'm open to suggestions to nip this in the bud.

Has anybody noticed a personality difference between the cream and the white? I hope this is a one off as he is coming of age and his homones are kicking into high gear.

second question- Did anybody hatch white females and normal colored males from mating a white male with a normal colored female.

third question- Has anybody mated a white crested legbar with a silkie? If so were all of the chicks white?

Tim

Tim why have you asked about this silkie mating?

Anyone:

What would happen if I bred our Sport to an all white Polish? I am trying to find an excuse to throw at DH on why I must keep my sport!
hu.gif

Tim why have you asked about this silkie mating?

Anyone:

What would happen if I bred our Sport to an all white Polish? I am trying to find an excuse to throw at DH on why I must keep my sport!
hu.gif

They would make GORGEOUS chickens that also lay blue eggs. Your roo is too pretty you NEED to keep him lol.

Back
Top Bottom