White Sport Cream Legbars

Pics
He was, he has frostbit tips :( my bad, I shouldnt have let them out on a cold windy day

What do you think they will look like? I set a few last night! He has a very nice crest, will this help keep the crest of the polish? And I wonder on the coloring

Im sure his tips cant be worse than my CLs frostbite comb. He is gonna lose half his blade. Oddly I think hes gonna look quite nice with his crew cut type comb
hide.gif

Im not sure what the chicks will look like I imagine they will be very good looking. I think the crest on them will look nice, larger than the CL but more tame than the Polish. I believe White Polish are dominant white meaning all offspring would be white with ticks of black in the feathers. Im not good at genetics but that is my thought on it.

My two Roos also got pretty bad frost during the -18 with 70% humidity...here's our number two boy, he only lost his tips. our main boy lost the whole top half of his comb, but does look quite dashing with a crew cut.

My two Roos also got pretty bad frost during the -18 with 70% humidity...here's our number two boy, he only lost his tips. our main boy lost the whole top half of his comb, but does look quite dashing with a crew cut.
will he loose more or is that about it?

He was, he has frostbit tips :( my bad, I shouldnt have let them out on a cold windy day

What do you think they will look like? I set a few last night! He has a very nice crest, will this help keep the crest of the polish? And I wonder on the coloring

Sally Sunshine,

Two things. First, your white sport has incredibly good type. His shape is almost SOP quality. Second, he will pass the blue egg laying gene on to any pullet of any breed that he sires. Now the breed that is used will add some color to the egg is they are brown egg layers. But you will have blue egg layers if crossed with white egg layer breed. And you will have green to olive eggers depending upon the brown egg laying breed crossed with.

Quote: Thank you!

So I am thinking of messing around with polish or Silkie, as getting a blue tint egg layer in that breed would be cool, I have already gotten a blue egg layer from a mix with White faced black spanish. But the hens all seemed to be all white faced in type. Not that thats a bad thing, but I would like to preserve our WFBS as they are.

I need to research more on this crest stuff. our Whitesport has amazing crest more so than our reg males, not sure why unless he has double genes or something I read on here?
Also, I will need to see if I need a pure colored bird to breed with him or a barred bird. I know it doesnt matter for egg color but I would like a beautiful mating too.

I know I can do other stuff with him but I would like to try something like above, thoughts?

Did it! Got the White Sport trio in their own pen today. We'll see if it holds out. I shoveled out 2 feet of snow to clear a path to the pen and then to clear some areas in the pen.... need some adult beverages tonight. I don't think I'll keep them. I have pair of juvie chicks coming the begining of April that I'll need to make room for but just want to see if I can get the eggs to hatch.

Quote: Thank you!

So I am thinking of messing around with polish or Silkie, as getting a blue tint egg layer in that breed would be cool, I have already gotten a blue egg layer from a mix with White faced black spanish. But the hens all seemed to be all white faced in type. Not that thats a bad thing, but I would like to preserve our WFBS as they are.

I need to research more on this crest stuff. our Whitesport has amazing crest more so than our reg males, not sure why unless he has double genes or something I read on here?
Also, I will need to see if I need a pure colored bird to breed with him or a barred bird. I know it doesnt matter for egg color but I would like a beautiful mating too.

I know I can do other stuff with him but I would like to try something like above, thoughts?
https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/459044/the-legbar-thread/5150#post_11823411

Think this tells me something lol

Back
Top Bottom