White Sport Cream Legbars

Pics
Here is an update and pictures of my white sport cockerel, he was hatched on October 12.

He is still smaller than his hatch mate but appears to be growing much better.

He does not appear to be as lanky/gawky as some young legbars I have seen pictures of. I think he is cute!
Thank you. I like him too. He has a great personality, very friendly and tolerates holding pretty well. He is also starting to fill out much better than I had anticipated based on his slow start.

I am told to pop on here for some help.... I am pasting from the other CCL Hybrid thread, also adding the follow up egg collection... Thanks for help!

For the Winter we have both our Sport CCL and CCL Roos in with all our hens and we have an Americana girl "Smart Eagle" this kids call her I cannot find a recent image below image was as a pullet. Actually all the following images are older and not updated.

Anyways..... The chick above possibly came from our hen Ameracana Smart Eagle or a CCL hen, I am thinking that if the chick were EE the chick would look alot different than all the pure chicks? Perhaps its too soon to see differences at day old in image (sunday hatch)? Other than the lightness and darkness of her coloring she looks identical to the other pure females with same chipmunking just dif shades more grey blackish. Pic was at a day old, I will continue to take pics of her, she is a gorgeous chick. I have since moved smart eagle from that pen into the White Faced Spanish for fear that I got eggs messed up and in fact have a CCL that lays a more green egg. Sorry if this is confusing! I will assume either way she will lay blue/green eggs? Do you think the lighter color is simply from breeding with the Sport Roo?

LL

old image of him sorry!
LL

a few of our pullets this summer and some pics of the NORMAL CCL chicks hatched same time.

I have an image of an egg from the CCL pen and Smart Eagles egg!!! EE egg has some speckles, I wish I had kept her shell when she hatched!! arggggg

Could this chick be from the CCL Sport and CCL hen? OR EExCCL and what should I watch for as this chick is growing I will assume it will have some EE traits?

I have just added two batches of CCL in the bators and none are Smart Eagles, I will assume if I get another its a sport x ccl hen
th.gif
I have to be honest here, I am not a white chicken lover but the CCL Sport roo is AMAZING looking! Love the looks of him as much if not more than our White Faced Spanish Roo!

Sorry for pic, the lighting just wasnt getting colors, they are a tad blue greener than appear in this!
CCL left Smart Eagles on right!

LL

Last edited:
Aloha Sally,

I cannot tell. Best keep the CLs separate from any other roos. Pure CLs are very valuable and we need to keep the breed as pure as possible. Looking forward to seeing her grow.

Aloha, Puhi

Aloha Sally,

I cannot tell. Best keep the CLs separate from any other roos. Pure CLs are very valuable and we need to keep the breed as pure as possible. Looking forward to seeing her grow.

Aloha, Puhi
Thank you! I have only had the EE in and we had been eating her eggs, it was a trial egg. I have a ton of eggs in each bator some due Sunday all pures
wink.png

I would say the chick above iS defiantly from Smart Eagle. The changes in down color are due to the mother's colors not due to the sport white father.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom