"Whiting True Blue" Not a breed, but I'm excited to see it!

Do let us know! I want some too and am going to order in the spring, but they won't ship orders less than 25 chicks until April, so I'm going to have to wait.

I have to admit that I'm curious about them as well. I'll look forward to your review on them. Maybe you can post some photos for us as well. Thanks.

I also was looking at them. Im excited. Would love to get your opinion when they come.
Ive really been getting into the colored eggs. adding the blue and green sure makes for a pretty dozen.

Count me in on the update please! I had some crested cream legbar girls last spring but hubby's dog got them...... :(

Count me in on the update please! I had some crested cream legbar girls last spring but hubby's dog got them...... :(

Hi Everyone!

In the pursuit of blue eggs, I came across McMurray's newest offering = Whiting True Blue.  Admittedly not a breed (but neither are Easter/Olive Eggers), McMurray is starting to sell these.  https://www.mcmurrayhatchery.com/whiting_true_blue.html

I ordered 15 for delivery in February so I will let you know how they progress from day-olds.

~K
Do you have any pictures? I purchased roos to cross with my EEs and Ameraucanas that lay light green or sky blue eggs.

Awww. I am so sorry to hear that. My son hatched one last year during a project. She was super sweet and an awesome forager. Her eggs were a perfect bright blue. Everyone says that they CCL in America have light blue, and she made that not true. An owl got her early one morning while she roosted in a tree. Because of her my husband even wants more CL .

Here is one picture. At this age they almost look like a blue copper marans. I have to check the comb or the legs to tell them apart from the BCFM's. Really pretty coloring. I also have a black one as well.

Awww. I am so sorry to hear that. My son hatched one last year during a project. She was super sweet and an awesome forager. Her eggs were a perfect bright blue. Everyone says that they CCL in America have light blue, and she made that not true. An owl got her early one morning while she roosted in a tree. Because of her my husband even wants more CL .

I just got 3 CCL chicks! In the meantime waiting on the order to arrive, something (we think coyote) got my CCL rooster:(. Never a dull moment in the chicken world!

Back
Top Bottom