Who’s My Mommy? The Sequel

Well you didn't name any lavender birds and tbe chick would have to get a lavender gene from both parents o be lavender.
I'd say it's blue so one parent was blue. Besides that its a mystery I don't want to try to untangle.
So that limits it to the sapphire olive egger and the blue giant mix. I’m not sure about the dad though. Because the NN gene is dominant so it isss possible for a NN to be the sire but????

Can you compare the tail to those who think may be the parents? It looks like a EE tail to me or an olive egg tail... they seem to have very distinctive tails I’ve found...

also there’s way to much fluff on that neck for it to be a NN so what are the other possibilities

Not entirely true, a naked neck with only one copy of the gene (usually sporting a large bowtie) will not pass on the naked neck to 50% of their offspring.
Yes but the op has other threads of similar nature where the trait was passed on.. this leads to the thought that by looking at the feathers that the father could be the silkie... and by the colour of the chick I would suggest that the mother is the blue mix...

BUT... that is only going on previous threads and photos that were posted on these threads... believe me when I say I’m no expert or experienced chicken keeper I’m still learning myself.... I’m just going by what has been provided

Yes but the op has other threads of similar nature where the trait was passed on.. this leads to the thought that by looking at the feathers that the father could be the silkie... and by the colour of the chick I would suggest that the mother is the blue mix...

BUT... that is only going on previous threads and photos that were posted on these threads... believe me when I say I’m no expert or experienced chicken keeper I’m still learning myself.... I’m just going by what has been provided
The silkie in question is actually only 1/4 silkie. His pop was a silkie cross and the mom was a full RIR.

Back
Top Bottom